Want great tips for the Family?

I write for The Examiner.com and would love to have you stop by and read my articles at:

Monday, November 17, 2008

I'm still here

I haven't written in awhile, so I thought I'd put up a quick post. It's about 35 degrees and snow is falling. It isn't really sticking to the ground. We did awaken to a dusting of snow (and apparently ice since I had to scrape the van). It was pretty and according to Katy "Lots of snow!" That brought Phil running to look only to express rather exasperatedly "That's not a lot!"

I've been very busy with Pampered Chef lately. I thank God for His blessing on my business. As I look back over the past 2 years, my team has grown tremendously and I now have 11 team members who are active on my team. 2 of them just signed within the past 2 weeks! Although I have not reached my big goal some of you have heard me talking about, I'm still working on it. I have until 12/31. I have over $15,000 points to go to earn that incentive trip that will allow me to take Phil on a 10th anniversary trip! We'll be heading to Miami Beach to a resort there. I am so appreciative of all those who are helping me reach that goal! If you are interested in helping by hosting a show, a catalog show, placing an order, or want to find out how you can start your own PC business, please let me know (blatant plug, I know!).

The girls are doing well. Lilly had dental surgery today. She seems to be in a small amount of discomfort, but doing well. The girls are resting (I'm heading for a nap too!!!! YIPEE!) The dentist said she needed to stay home today rather than go to school. Lilly hates missing school, but was happier to do it on a Monday than a Tuesday since Tuesday is art and PE.

Katy keeps really busy with a growing amount of work. Many days I wonder why on earth we are doing so much, but just when I think we should back off, I find we're missing something else (not knowing our math facts or our blends/special sounds) and it creates an issue with our other work. Oh the joy of trying to figure out the balance so we do what we need to, but don't overdue. I think it's too much for her right now. Guess I'll have to assess that.

There are about 4 weeks of school left at IWU, so Phil's starting to feel the end of the semester push to get things done. There is also work to be done in preparation for the new chapel sound system. This seems to keep him the busiest lately.


Thank you to so many of you who have prayed and commented after my post on friends. It's been a blessing reading what God has given you to share and seeing how He works in my life. Although the situation is far from "fixed", I'm seeing Him work. I'm making a conscious effort to focus on friendships.

It's nap time now. I need to go rest and make sure the migraine I had yesterday does not return. I've got a Pampered Chef party to do in Columbia City - near where I spent my teen years. It should be fun connecting with some of the people I knew then.

No comments: