Want great tips for the Family?

I write for The Examiner.com and would love to have you stop by and read my articles at:

Friday, November 07, 2008

Droopy Eyes, Mind Chock-full of stories, and a clock that says it's past my bedtime.

What do all those things have in common?The seem to be my life lately.

Droopy eyes - when I sit for any period of time with out being engaged in more ways then just listening or watching, I fall asleep (or if we put it nicely, I doze off.) I do not have the talent of my dad perfected so that I can be in the middle of a conversation, drift off to sleep, only to wake up and pick up exactly where he let off (I figure that takes years to perfect, so I'm just getting started!)

Droopy eyes - running the candle at both ends (this doesn't mean I have the flu from either end, just burning the midnight oil. There's just never enough time in a day to accomplish all that needs to be accomplished.

Mind full of stories - why is it when I'm the most tired and all I want to do is go to sleep that my brain is suddenly full of stories and ideas for stories. It is at that point that I wish I could hook up a Flash drive to my inner lobe called my brain and just start saving info so I could deal with it later. I am often heard (not out loud) to say, "Oh, that sounds like good story material". I just have a hard time getting things to paper because they usually come at a really bad time. They can come while I'm working out at the gym, doing a PC party, or attempting to go to sleep. A pad of paper beside the bed won't really work as it just all wants to come pouring out at once!

A clock that says it's time fore bed - my husband is in bed soundly sleeping and I couldn't sleep. My eyes are so droopy now that I could probably fall asleep, but I want to finish writing. It's been a week since Lilly's birthday and I haven't even gotten her pictures posted online. UGH.

It's been a very busy week. I've made the commitment to jump all in and go for a goal that is much greater than I can imagine achieving. I want desperately to earn a Pampered Chef incentive trip and take my husband on a 10th anniversary trip (Paid for by PC!!!) This means I will be pouring heart and soul into this until Dec. 31 at midnight. I've been asking friends and relatives to help me out. So far, I've booked 3 shows and 2 catalog shows. I have a few others in the works. It needs to go so much further. I do have a recruit who signed tonight, so that will help toward the total as well. Feel free to ask how it is going and encourage me too. If you need to order any Pampered Chef, please do so thru my website (email me for more info).

Now, I must close as I can't stay awake to keep typing. Hope you enjoyed your read!

No comments: