Want great tips for the Family?

I write for The Examiner.com and would love to have you stop by and read my articles at:

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Another story by Lilly

Yesterday Lilly got in trouble for lying. It was a very stupid thing...both what she did, and especially lying about it. The punishment Phil came up with was to have her write a story about telling the truth. Here's what she wrote. (I got a good chuckle out of it.) Spelling is as it was written on her paper.

True Strory about truth

When you lie your letting Santen be incuntle of your mind. I now that ling is rong becuse you get yourself in big truble. More then you would if you didn't lie. When you tell the truth you get a rewad if you didn't do something rong. But if you do something rong you don't get a reward. Some times you don't get a reward because your parnets don't have enute money to get you something. I throw soap out the window and my dad fond it on the grass and I got in truoble. So my dad made me write this story. The End!


Ok, so let me add a few comments here:

1) incuntle means In Control
2) We are not the cheapskates she makes us out to be...we just have learned it doesn't need to cost anything to be a reward!
3) Phil found the soap when he was mowing the law and came in to ask the kids who did it. When they both said they didn't know and we could tell by Lilly's facial expression and tone of voice that she did know, that's where the problem started. According to her "story" she told us, she was trying to get her sister in trouble by throwing the soap out the window. They had a duck soap that was falling into pieces as it was apparently only meant to be a decoration, not something kids actually used.

4) Lisa Welchel talks about creative discipline. We've been working on ways to help her learn not just in her head, but allow her to get it into her heart too. Can't tell from the story if it has yet!

Thought you might enjoy just a bit of my life. Things have been so busy, blogging is becoming an extravagance.

4 comments:

Julie Arduini said...

I think I know #1, ask Lilly, is it "in control"?

Great lesson here, and cute story. I think you have a great writer on your hands, I just hope future aspiration doesn't come from trouble!

Amy R. said...

I think incuntle means "in control". It makes sense anyway! Great punishment. I'm definitely going to keep that in mind.

Lisa said...

Lilly seems to really enjoy writing and telling stories, so I think this worked great!

jenny marvin mealy said...

I so love Lilly's stories. The frog story was hung on the wall in my class for parents to read too. I think she has a real talent!