Want great tips for the Family?

I write for The Examiner.com and would love to have you stop by and read my articles at:

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Kids say it best

We were eating lunch today (still at the lake where there is lots of seaweed) when Katy made a comment that had us all rolling with laughter.

Lunch included a fruit salad. That salad had blueberries, strawberries, apples, and kiwi. Here's what she said,"MMMM. This seawee is good."


I looked at her strangely, and asked, "What did you say?"

She said, "Seawee".

Laughter

I asked, "The green stuff in the fruit salad?"

"Yes."

More laughter from everyone.

"Katy, that's KIWI, not seaweed! Seaweed is the stuff in the lake that Grandma cooks for Seaweed Soup (an on going joke when someone asks what's to eat)."



"Oh. Kiwi."

A few minutes later I added a few bites of kiwi into her bowl.

"MMM. Yummy Seawee (said with that teasing look she gets on her face)...I mean kiwi!"

We all laughed even harder!

Her new nickname might end up being "Kiwi". She's got a dozen nicknames, so what's one more?

No comments: