Want great tips for the Family?

I write for The Examiner.com and would love to have you stop by and read my articles at:

Saturday, August 02, 2008

Vacation

We are officially 4 days into our vacation. It has been wonderful. We drove 10.25 hrs to get here on Wednesday, allowing Phil and I 1.5 days just the 2 of us. What an amazing thing it is to just be the 2 of us. We realized that we hadn't had time away together (minus a few dates - most of which ended up being group events) since before we moved almost 2 years ago. We are thankful for my wonderful parents who kept them.

We picked the girls up late yesterday afternoon, had Chinese from our favorite place in Big Flats (note: MAIN MOON STINKS), and then headed back to the Lake. This picture was one of the things that topped of our night last night:

This is sunset between our dock and the neighbor's dock. We were getting our campfire started when I took this picture.


We've had fantastic weather - glassy lake (which is VERY unusual for this lake), warm, but comfortable days, and cool enough nights. Last night we had a big thunderstorm which woke all of us. Phil had to come downstairs and bring the rocker chairs inside (Cracker Barrel style) from the porch and shut some windows. It also soaked a roll of toilet paper due to raining in! Today, we've had some rain, some thunder, sunshine, and now it is the roughest it's been since we got here. We have whitecaps even on our shore.

Earlier this evening, we had 5 sailboats anchor between us and the "Point". Here's how cool it looked:


Phil's peacefully resting on the couch deep into Tony Dungy's book (a birthday present from his favorite in-laws) and the girls are in bed (not asleep yet, but there none the less). I figured since it had been since June or before the last time I blogged, it was about time. Ever since I "discovered" facebook, I usually post my pictures (much easier) there.

This photo just in. It's pouring rain here, but the sun is shining brightly over the sail boat! I love that you can see the rain drops as the fall!



Well, my ice cream is melting and my chocolate chip cookie (that I can't eat when Katy is up) is screaming my name. Time to go!

2 comments:

Tarah said...

there's good chinese in Big Flats? Where?

And what lake were you staying at?

Thanks for adding the link to facebook...now you have to update this regularly b/c you will have more readers.

Lisa said...

It's the Shanghai place next to Miniers. They are the best we've found!