Want great tips for the Family?

I write for The Examiner.com and would love to have you stop by and read my articles at:

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Helicopter Excitement

We had excitement here on Marion's South Side today. Katy and I were coming home from IWU's Rec & Wellness Center when we saw a helicopter flying really low over our Meijer's store (that is being built). I quickly pulled over into the service station driveway so that we could get a better view of what was going on w/o having an accident!

The helicopter was putting heating/cooling units on top of the Meijer and the Meijer gas station. I think there were at least 10 that it lifted up. We watched it get hooked up, lift the unit, place the unit, and be released, then repeat. It was pretty cool to watch.

Here are a couple of pictures from it. Unfortunately all I had with me is my cell phone camera and I don't think it does close-ups so this is as close as I could get. I thought about going across the road, but didn't want to do that for my safety and for Katy's. People don't watch closely at that intersection. They'd run us over and kill us.



You can see the helicopter just under the power line.


Here you see it to the right of the power line closest to the gas station (I'm not sure why we need another gas station here as there are already 2 on this corner now and we keep having gas stations close all around town - without any warning.)


Here you see it between the power lines.

Unfortunately it doesn't really give a good view of the Meijer store in the background. Our store is supposed to be a "Green" store - only the 2nd of it's kind. It is built to leave as small a footprint as possible. It is also smaller then most Meijer stores. That's ok. We're just exited it's coming. Their produce beats any other store in town! They also have sales unlike Walmart. Hopefully they'll double coupons.

Anyway, thought you might enjoy seeing some of our excitement.

No comments: