Want great tips for the Family?

I write for The Examiner.com and would love to have you stop by and read my articles at:

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Cold weather - bah humbug

I was never born a Southerner (unless being born south of Canada counts), so I can't say I have the warm weather blood in me like my friend Kathy Bell, but I can tell you when it gets to a certain point, I find it hard not to just curl up in bed with a good book, some great background music, and peace and quiet. Ok, I'd do it all the time, but it is especially tempting when it's cold out. Tonight I think it is even more desirable.

When I look at the temperature outside, I see that is below 0 and the wind-chill makes it about -22. Inside, the temperature has dropped by 5 degrees since this afternoon and I'm thinking this is insane. I don't live in Alaska! The other thing here is that I was born and mostly raised in NY where the wind isn't nearly as strong. Since we live in an area with LOTS of open fields (that sounds silly when you write it!) so the wind is felt so much more than when you live in an area with hills to help block it.

As I type, the words "Baby, it's cold outside..." keep ringing thru my head. A few other options..."Jack Frost nipping at your nose" (especially funny after watching Santa Clause 3!) (Phil said that's how it feels in here), "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire..." that's a warm thought.

On that warm note, I think I'll take my cold self off to bed and see if I can pile on enough blankets to stay warm tonight.

No comments: